OVERALL RATING || 8/10
So I travelled with work on British Airways and I believe it costs about £600 return. Niji also went with British Airways but got a flight for £460! It can be done.
As you can imagine, with work we stayed in a high end hotel – The Renaissance Mumbai – which was amazing and I luckily got a room which had a great view onto a lake with the Mumbai skyline. Now Niji and Sabrina, like real travellers on a budget, stayed at all types of low cost hotels which I would have loved to experience – Sabrina’s even went to as little as £2 per night!
Now Niji has the longest list you may have ever seen about food in India but I do not blame him – as Indian is definitely my favourite cuisine.
– Try the street food (if you do have a strong belly… just be careful and scope the outlet)
– Dishes: Butter Chicken/Naan/Biryani
– Mumbai: Saffron / Cafe Mondegar / Colaba Social / Peshawri
– Goha: Seafood on the beaches
– Gateway of India
– Victoria Station
– Dhobi Ghat Laundry
– The Queen’s Necklace (via UniContinental Hotel)
– Taj Mahal Hotel
– Burning Ghats
– Pushkar Camel Festival
Probably easiest to get a moped to get around!
It seems best to travel either by yourself or with one other person (whether or not that is your partner – depends on their personality I guess)