OVERALL RATING || 7/10
So we initially found flights via SKYSCANNER with KLM but had a long stop over so decided to go with the £420 Etihad Airways flight and boy were we happy. Definitely the best airline I have traveled with thus far. Amazing customer service, very comfortable ECONOMY seats, on time (actually arrived a bit earlier than scheduled – about 7 hours). Definitely worth the money.
Stayed with our friend, Lilian, whom we were visiting whilst we were in Abu Dhabi. For our day trip to Dubai we booked an Air BnB which costs £120 in total for 3 people for 1 night in a 2 bedroom apartment at Damac Dubai Mall Street. Definitely a great place to stay for very cheap. Our host Obi was really cool and efficient, didn’t really need much – the whole process was smooth.
Firstly, I must say, we tried to eat “locally” as we try and do but there isn’t a local delicacy. Other than that….
-We ate at Red Lobster as soon as we got there – wasn’t too bad, average I’d say – and averagely priced
-Brunch! Brunch! Brunch! One of the main reasons we went to Dubai. Brunch is a big thing in the UAE – we went to the Al Qasr brunch – AMAZING! – unlimited food/unlimited drink – goes on for hours until about 4pm – a bit pricey though – £120
– Went for drinks and nibbles at Atmosphere at The Burj Khalifa – beautiful views from 123rd Floor – lovely setting with a minimum spend of £50
– Lunch at Eggspectation was loooovely – good quality traditional breakfast with a spin – decently priced
– Lunch at Emirates Palace! What a pretty place to have lunch – I had gold flakes on my CAMEL burger! Nom nom nom
– Had a chinese at a place called PF CHang’s – food was decent but they messed up Ed’s order – it was hilarious seeing Ed argue
– The Nando’s in the UAE is loooovely! Get the chicken skewers!
– Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa
– Skydive Dubai – £400
– Grand Mosque – free
– Emirates Palace/Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi skyline) – free
– Desert Safari – £60 (£10 extra for the quad bikes)
– Sadiyat Beach Club – £15
Driving in Dubai – only recommend it for those who are good at driving – the roads can be confusing but cabs are readily available and funnily enough are much cheaper than you would imagine!
Its very versatile to be honest – Typically couples / small groups of friends / families